Protection against dust, solid objects and moisture
The waterproof light fixtures made by IBV HungĂˇria Kft. have very high (IP 65) protection against dust and water, and accordingly, can be used very effectively, where protection against dust, vapour, humidity and soiling is necessary. In case of outdoor application the protection of the luminaire by a protecting roof is recommended. On customerâ€™s request IP 67 protection grade is available.
The luminaires must be resistant to moisture and dust on a level defined in the standard for luminaires.
In case of the lowest level the luminaires are not protected against moisture and dust, but the parts under voltage can only be reached using tools.The luminaires without given grade of protection have IP 20 protection.
The following table and list give a summary of the grades of protection, their names and markings:
According to EN 60598
According to VDE 0711
Protection against solid objects
- IP 0x no protection
- IP 1x protection against solid objects with diameters > 50 mm
- IP 2x protection against solid objects with diameters > 12.5 mm
- IP 3x protection against solid objects with diameters > 2.5 mm
- IP 4x protection against solid objects with diameters > 1 mm
- IP 5x protection against harmful dust deposits - it is not fully avoided, but dust enough to cause troubles in operation can not get in
- IP 6x protection against dust, dust-sealed
Protection against moistureAll luminaires are proof against humid conditions which may occur in normal use.
- IP x0 no extra protection
- IP x3 protection against sprinkling water, to eliminate harmful effects of water sprayed from any angle to 60Â° from the vertical level, in any direction
- IP x4 protection against water splashing onto the cover from any direction, to eliminate harmful effects
- IP x5 protection against jets of water coming onto the cover from any direction, to eliminate harmful effects
- IP x7 protection against temporary submergence. Amounts of water with harmful effects cannot get into the luminaries if they are submerged temporarily at standardised pressure and climatic conditions
- IP x8 protection against lasting submergence. Amounts of water with harmful effects cannot get into the luminaries if they are submerged for a long time at conditions agreed upon by the manufacturer and the customer, and the conditions are stricter than those for the level "IPX7"